|Material:||Corn||Other Names:||Crystalline Trehalose, Crystal Trehalose|
|CAS No:||6138-23-4||Molecular Formula:||C12H22O11·2H2O|
|Appearance:||White Crystalline Grain Or Powder||Sweetness:||45% Of Sucrose|
C12H22O11·2H2O trehalose dihydrate,
45% Sucrose Sweetness natural organic sweeteners,
High Purity Trehalose Sugar
l Foods, healthcare products industry
1. Low hygroscopicity, strong moisture holding capability, inhibit starch aging, enhance anti-freeze capability
1) Inhibit foods’ moisture absorption, especially for food that contains less water, could stabilize its quality, prevent deforming and becoming sticky
Applications: snacks, cereal, rice flour pastry, candy, spices, cookies, waffle, solid drinks, milky candy, bean paste, dried seafood, dried fish, laver, etc.
2) Trehalose is stable in acidic foods, does not break down into glucose and fructose to enhance the product's moisture absorption
Applications: hard candy, soft candy, filled candy, jelly, juice drinks, sport drinks, etc.
3) Trehalose replace sucrose to be surface decoration of foods, does not absorb moisture to melt and become sticky
Applications: bread, cookies, bakery foods, donut, puff, pie, coated tablet, pudding, etc.
4) Jelly produced with trehalose contains much moisture, appearance is moist, but not absorb moisture, fruit flavor and fragrance outstanding, not sweet greasy
5) Trehalose has good moisture holding capability. It slows down the migration of molecular chains, reduces the aging rate of starch, improves freeze performance of starch
Applications: bread, steamed bread, steamed stuffed bun, noodle, other foods that contains starch
6) Trehalose has low hygroscopicity, does not cause the maillard reaction, suitable to be excipient for tablet foods
Application: flaky pastry, sugar tablet, milk tablet, vegetable tablet, fruit tablet, tablet candy, etc.
2. Heat resistance, acid resistance, improved freezing performance, trehalose is the most stable of natural disaccharide
1) Use trehalose in hot drinks, help enhance drinks’ stability, inhibit beverage turbidity due to high temperature
2) In acidic beverages, trehalose can exist stably, not break down and no maillard reaction
3) Trehalose can replace sucrose, reduce the freezing point of ice cream and other frozen products. It can be used in frozen food and frozen candy to produce new icing, and produce a unique and delicious flavor
4) Trehalose is stable, but can be digestive absorption by body, replace indigestible sugar alcohol and oligosaccharides to prevent diarrhea
Application: acidic foods, acidic drinks, hot drinks, coffee, ice cream, foods which need high temperature treatment in production, other foods which need heat and freeze, etc.
3. No colorability, trehalose does not cause the maillard reaction
1) Trehalose is a kind of non-reducing saccharide, does not cause maillard reaction which will cause browning
2) Use trehalose in fried foods, inhibit maillard reaction, prevent fried foods from being too dark, make foods not absorb moisture and not discolor
Applications: flaky pastry, sugar tablet, milk tablet, vegetable tablet, fruit tablet, fried foods, fried snacks, etc.
4. High glass transition temperature, high stability, prevent dental caries
1) Trehalose’s glass transition temperature is 115℃
2) Add trehalose in food, it can enhance foods’ glass transition temperature, which makes food in a more stable state, help to keep food fresh, easy for storage
3) Trehalose does not produce insoluble glucan in mouth, inhibit the adhesion of insoluble glucan produced by sucrose, prevent dental caries
Applications: candy with plenty of juice, honey candy, xylitol candy, sucrose free candy, filled liquid candy, snack candy, soft candy, jelly, fruit candy, vegetable candy, milk candy, other candies, etc.
5. Prevent protein denaturation and lipid oxidation, protect biological activity
1) Enhance the survival rate of microorganism, maintain long-term stability of live bacteria
Applications: probiotics (clostridium butyricum, lactobacillus, bifidobacterium, actinomycetes, saccharomycetes, etc.), prebiotics, synbiotics, etc.
2) Trehalose can stabilize liposomes, maintain the integrity of its structure in dry state, as a liposome freeze-dried protectant
3) Trehalose can protect enzyme’s activity in low temperature and high temperature environment, prolong preservation time
4) Trehalose stabilizes protein structure, inhibit protein denaturation during heating, freezing, stirring, drying, or pH changing
Applications: milk products, beans products, eggs products, seafoods products, meats products, enzyme products, etc.
5) Trehalose inhibits oxidative decomposition of unsaturated fatty acids in edible oils or fatty foods, prevent the production of sour and sour taste, prolong shelf life
6) Non frying handling of vegetables and meat, soaking of vegetables and fruits, long distance transportation of seafood, trehalose keeps the organization stable and fresh
Applications: puffed food, dry fruit snacks, dry vegetable snacks, long distance transportation of vegetable, fruit, seafood, etc.
6. Modify or cover the taste, improve, remove or enhance foods’ special smell and taste
1) Enhance the aroma of some foods, the flavor of seafood soup and saline taste
Applications: fruit jam, pickles, fermented blank bean, chilli paste, etc.
2) Soften and cover bad flavors, reduce astringent and bitter taste, ease acidity
Applications: coffee, chocolate, tea drinks, juice drinks, beer, etc.
3) Improve the sweet taste of other sweeteners, like cover the lingering bitterness of stevioside
Applications: compound sweeteners (stevioside, sucrose, aspartame, saccharin, etc.)
4) Remove and cover unpleasure flavor of some food, like Vitamin B, chinese herb, fermented flavor, rancid flavor
Applications: Vitamin B supplements, herb supplements, canned food, etc.
5) Inhibit and cover the fishy smell of seafoods, milk, eggs products, beans products, and keep them fresh, improve their taste
Applications: milk products, eggs products, beans products, seafoods products, and transportation of seefoods, milk, eggs products, beans products
6) Prevent sour and sour taste from edible oil and fatty food
Contact Person: Donna
Tel: +86 15969639330